I trying out making figurines based on children’s drawings. I am trying to stay as true to the original as possible, which is quite a challenge! Look at those legs for example, I was struggling a lot with them, and am not particularly happy with the outcome.
Anyway, this is the picture that Vicente drew:
I started out making a rough body based on the drawing in papier-mâché:
When the papier-mâché had dried I was using paper clay to make the figurine smoother and more detailed. Then I painted it (sorry, forgot to take a picture of this stage).
As the last step I gave the poor thing “cement shoes”:
This is how it turned out: